Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Critter Patrol



We walked up on some goats yesterday. It's Tennessee people. Stella knew something was up even though we couldn't get as close to them as I would've liked. I told her they were Irish Setters but seeing as how she can smell the last bite of a nine-day-old corn dog from two miles away, I'm thinking she knew better. Just minutes before that we were attacked by a flock of butterflies. If everyone could get attacked by butterflies on a regular basis I decided, the world would be a much nicer place. Pretty fun but no camera.

This morning we were coming in the house and a fox ran through the yard right past us. I felt a broken wrist coming on but somehow - Stella missed the whole thing.

This article discusses a new law that bans dogs from cemeteries in Concord New Hampshire. I felt conflicted about letting dogs run in the cemetery myself but over the last two years, I've done a complete one-eighty on it. I think off leash they add a joyful quality to a cemetery that not even a mean ghost could resist. What do you all think?

No comments:

Post a Comment