Friday, August 20, 2010

Posse



(clockwise: Minnie Pearl, Buck, Roy and Lulu)

Speaking of cats, we seem to have inherited a flock of them from my irresponsible neighbor, Judy. Today is her birthday so again I'll refrain from telling the world exactly what I think of her behavior. Back when her son impulsively gave her a kitten for Thanksgiving - I saw this entire scene play out in my head and now here it is, larger than life, just two weeks shy of mine and Stella's much anticipated trip to Baltimore. We're scrambling to find homes for a mama cat and three kittens (I hope you all will call me if you're looking for a new best friend and feel free to pass this link on to anyone in the Nashville area or anyone on the way to Baltimore for that matter. They're free but if I get a vibe that says you won't spay or neuter the animal, or generally love the socks off of it, the deal is off and I walk away with the cat. Furthermore, I'm not optimistic about their future although I may agree to officially foster this clan if I can find them a babysitter from September 5-11. At this point I can't think of who to call exactly. In my circle of friends, the exact right person may not exist. If anybody has an idea on that I'd love to hear it too. Meanwhile - neither Stella nor Gigi have seen the kittens. Gigi is kind of fired up about there being one cat in her basement, let alone four.

It's amazing the mother cat is so great considering how young she is and that she's been living on macaroni and cheese for the last eight months. Wish us luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment